Sunday, November 1, 2009

Stoked!!!




I just delivered my first pair of boards to Third Coast Surf Shop. Ryan now carries two variations off of a longboard template I have been riding over the past year, called the Log Jammer and the Log Splitter. The 9'2" Log Jammer (the blue and orange board) has a blunt nose, rounded pin tail, with a pronouned tail rocker to help hold the board in a wave while cross stepping. The 9'0" Log Splitter is a narrower board with pronounced vee in the rounded pin tail for wave manueverability. Thanks Ryan, It's an honor to have a couple boards in your shop.

4 comments:

  1. Nice boards. It will be cool to see a few more Burly Surfboards in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually surfed Tunnel Park on a 11'4" back in the 90's. The board was owned by Roger Hammer, a professor Central MI U, was built, in the Detroit area, by whom I can't recall. Otherwise, the identity of being the lakes only board builder is as good as uniquely yours. Cool looking boards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brother, I appreciate the comment. I would take a guess that the surfboard builder whom you are refering to is Dean Williams. There aren't many of us, so I have about a 25% chamce of being right on this one :)

    ReplyDelete