Sunday, August 15, 2010

Alona Bound




I have been busy wrapping up a few boards so I can hang up my tools for the fall swells.  This is a 6'5" thruster 20.5" wide and about 2.5" thick.  I was so happy with my 6'7" thruster template that I pulled in all the dims to give me something more ocean specific.  It looks like the ocean isn't the only place I will be surfing this board.  Alona Bay has a pretty epic forecast that I don't think I can miss.  I can think of no better way to cut the teeth on this board than in a Lake Superior swell.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I think I briefly met you at Alona bay on Monday. My dad and I were surfing (trying to surf) a little further north at Sand River. We stopped in to see the waves Alona. We are from Sault Ste. Marie, ON and just starting to get into surfing. That was my second time out in Superior and it was a blast. My dad is looking for a board to use as well but we're curious to shapes and sizes for fresh water. We share a 8'10" classic shape with single fin. We find it a bit narrow. If you wouldn't mind sharing any information on shapes/sizes for fresh water and people just starting out, it would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time!! How were the waves BTW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vesa, e-mail me at burlysurfboards@gmail.com and I can help you guys out with some info. As for the wave quality on Tuesday, check the pictures on the previous post. I later found out that we actually surfed Mica Bay, not Misery Bay, my bad!

    ReplyDelete